Salad/Cake Fork in Aluminium
The craftsmanship that goes into Rieko Fujimoto's work is something that's rare to find in modern times.
Each of these forks has been hammered and pounded to shape by hand in her humble workshop in Neyagawa, Osaka.
She uses an array of specialist tools that leave subtle indentations that set these apart from its mass produced counterpart.
This particular design is long in its body and has a slight curve towards the three prongs of the fork, making it easy to gently lift food from the plate.
It's slimline design doesn't compromise the strength of the object either, placing very little strain on the muscles in the users hand.
Not many people work in this way anymore, so items like these deserved to be cherished with everyday use.
Dimensions: 13cm in Length x 1cm in Width
1. Please wash and dry the item soon after using because the remaining moisture could cause corrosion or change in colour. Over time the piece will naturally patina and age.
2. Aluminium conducts heat extremely well, so please be careful when using to avoid getting burnt.
3. Do not use the item for something very hard such as ice because aluminum is not hard enough.
4. Do not leave the item in food for more than an hour because the aluminium will be damaged by acid and alkaline.
5. Do not put the item in the dishwasher.
We offer a refund or exchange for orders received 14 working days from receipt.
To return an item you must contact us at email@example.com to obtain a Returns Form which must be included with your return - please include the order number and full name in your email. All returns must be sent via registered and insured mail in their original condition to our returns address.
We regret that we are unable to offer refunds on any Sale items unless proven faulty.